Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colorado-Day 5

It's hard to believe that we have been in Denver for 5 days. We have kept pretty busy, seen a lot of the city and eaten A LOT! When planning the trip, I kept today open so that we could rest and catch anything we hadn't seen or done earlier in the week. We both slept in- almost to 9! Walt headed out for a bike ride while I stayed at the hotel watching some tv and reading a little bit. We headed to lunch at the Wazee Supper Club. We decided on the combo appetizer and a pizza- they claimed to be the best pizza in the civilized world. Everything was very good!

Walt wanted to look for a new work hat, so we walked down the street to a local western store. As we were leaving the store, I heard a man talking and his voice made me turn around because it sounded familiar. He looked familiar and I told Walt to hurry and look at him before we left the store. We got outside and I asked Walt if the guy looked familiar to him- I tend to see people that I think are famous, but usually are not. Just yesterday I thought maybe I passed Carmelo Anthony at the mall- Walt said he didn't think that he traveled without a posse. Back to today- the guy we saw at the western store was Larry Miller- an actor who has been in several movies and tv shows. He was the dad in 10 Things I Hate About You. Who knew we would see a famous actor in Denver,CO.
We spent the rest of the afternoon chillin' back at the hotel. We called up Lauren and headed down to Littleton for dinner. We had some good Italian food at Romano's and then went to see Denver Seminary. We hung out at Lauren's condo for awhile and watched some more tv. This trip has been fun and a good chance for Walt & I to get away from the craziness of everyday life. I have missed the girls terribly and Walt says that I am stalking his mom while she keeps them. It sounds like they have also had a great week, and I'm sure that I will have to do some serious work to entertain them when we get home. Next week they start MDO, so I think they will have fun.

No comments: