Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Money Saver

Well, I don't know if their dad put them up to it or if he just got the better end of the deal... I will not be taking my children shopping by myself until they are much older!!!! The girls and I went on an outing to Amarillo after lunch today. I am looking for curtains to go in the living room, dining room and master bedroom. I had a list of 4 stores that I wanted to go to.
We first tried to find Kirkland's- it's not located where the website says it is- never did find it! So, we turned around and went to Pier One- not a stroller-friendly establishment! Some of the walkways were even small for a single person to get through. We finally made it back to the drapery, but the girls had found their snack cups in my purse- I was hoping to pull them out when I needed them later in the afternoon for a bribe! Next we went to Kohls- they don't sell curtains- strike 3. We took advantage of the nice breeze and walked down to Bed Bath and Beyond. I struck gold- I found several options that could work, but I want to get some second opinions.
We then headed to Target. I let the girls walk in- hoping that stretching their legs would help. We loaded up in the cart that has the two toddler seats in front of the basket. Gracie threw a fit because I hooked he in with the straps. The other seat had a weird strap, so I did the best I could getting Lily strapped in. That lasted about 30 seconds- Lily figured out how to get out. I asked her in the nice mother voice to sit down- didn't work. I asked again- a little sterner. This went on a few minutes as I tried to find Epsom salt- hard to locate by the way. We then headed to the curtains. I thought I might as well see what they had. Lily still wouldn't sit, so I pt her up in the cart. She kept trying to stand up. I tried carrying her, but I got tired and put her back by Gracie. She then proceeded to slap, hit, punch, etc Gracie. Gracie didn't take it- she start doing the same to Lily. I was trying to break it up, and this lady next to us had the nerve to laugh and say something like, "how cute"! I was not thinking they were cute at that moment! We loaded up and headed home- probably for a very long time.

2 comments:

Abby said...

You may have found out already, but Kirklands is now over on Soncy in their newest shopping area... Coldwater Creek, Pei Wei, Guitar World, World Market.. it's in that area. Just thought you'd like to know in case you try to brave the shopping world again with the girls!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks- I guess I didn't make it that far! I will look the next time we are there.