Sunday, April 26, 2009

We're Moving!!!!

I talked about our move about a week ago on Facebook, but I thought I would give more details and a few pictures. We sold our house... 4 days before our 6-month contract expired! We finished the contract on Good Friday. One of the requests by the buyers was that we be out/close on April 30th. That's only 2 weeks and a few days to pack up and buy a house. We had been discussing what we would do once the house sold. Walt has been commuting roughly 200 miles/day, 4-5 days/week for 2.5 years! We have been discussing different options that would get us closer to where he ranches. We talked about Canyon, TX about a year ago, but the subject never really got anywhere. Canyon is a small town (13,000 people, I think) and we have always heard good things about it. It is only 20-30 miles north of where Walt's granddad has his ranch, and it is close to Amarillo for "big city" amenities. We made a quick trip over Easter weekend to look at some houses- very disappointing. We made some changes to our 'house parameters' and I went back the next Tuesday to look at some more. The realtor took me by a house that wasn't on the market yet & I loved it! Walt & I went back on Thursday and made an offer on the house.
(Side note: On the way back to Lubbock on Thursday we got to sit under a bridge off the interstate for 1.5 hours while a horrible hail storm passed through!) Everything has worked perfectly, and we will be closing on both houses this Thursday! Here are few pics of the new house- hopefully it won't take to long to get our stuff up and then I will post new pics! Please keep us in your prayers this week- keep ya posted!


Front









Living & Dining Room







Kitchen

1 comment:

Tabaitha said...

Oh my gosh, I love your house! Hardwood floors, granite counter tops,and I love the brick in the kitchen. Congratulations and I'm sure you guys are going to be very busy this week, but I hope the move goes well.